Saturday, January 16, 2010


This is my design of a tote bag to carry my Gypsy and cords, when I create on the go. Today I drew up a pattern which is actually quite simple. There are four pattern pieces. First is the bag front and back, second is the flap, third is the lining, and fourth is for the wrist strap. If I can get some help making it into a downloadable file I will post but for now you will just have to use your imagination! My first one I made is going to my friend Rachel. I did make a couple of changes when I made the second one. Oh, it matches my cricut expression cover also! :)

Friday, January 15, 2010

Valentine Banner

Here is a Banner I made with my scrap supplies. I designed it on my Gypsy. I used Celebrations for my blue flags. I made my circles on George and the Font is Ashlyn's Alphabet. I used several different ribbons and knotted them together. The holes that cut with the flag were really bigger than I needed so I ended up using a glue dot to hold the ribbon in place. The is hung over my kitchen sink and I posted the picture of my sweet husband helping me out. He has my pin cushion/trash bag hanging on his head. How cute is that!!!

Valentine Birthday Card

Here is the birthday card I made for Rachel. Today is her birthday (I can't believe I haven't called her yet today to tell her I am thinking of her.) I had fun using the birthday and Valentine combined. This color combination that is being used in all the new papers this Valentine is so cool. You are always use to red and pink but they added this blue. Rachel and I took a class at Archiver's and that is when I first started seeing the combination. Now I see it in every one's Valentine line. I used some AC Specialty paper for the embossed red foil piece. I used a sizzix folder and then sanded it a bit. I embossed with powder the happy birthday title. I probably worked on it for about two hours just because I wanted it to be as perfect as my friendship with Rachel. I need to get busy on making my Valentine cards to mail to my friends. I have all kinds of new goodies to play with.

Valentine Curtains

So I decided that I have these great patio door windows that I could easily change out curtains on to match my decorating. I just wish I had decided this before the Christmas season. I have some great snowflake fabric that I can use. I guess I could just get started on each season ahead of time. I found the fabric at Wal-mart (which I am sad to say won't be carrying fabric much longer.) They always have these great inexpensive fabrics. I am not too much into sewing clothes for myself but I love to make things for the home. Guess I should start looking for some cute Easter fabric. It only took 2 yards of fabric. I split it down on the fold making two pieces 22 1/2" by 72". I turned under about 1/4 " on the selvage edge and stitched it down for a hem. I added some ribbon and rick rack. Curtains like this are so very easy to make, no pattern needed.

Valentine Glass Block

I have had this block in my craft closet for months. I found a light bulb in a wire stand that was in the Halloween clearance. I felt it would be perfect for the block and I was right. I had originally planned on using the mini lights but didn't like how cluttered they looked. I cut this top layer image from the new cricut cartridge "Love Struck". I just really like how the heart combines my favorite thing, Butterflies! It does have a shadow file that works with it but I didn't want to block the light coming through. I also used window cling instead of vinyl because I can easily take it off and put something else on for my next decorating season. I love the way Hobby Lobby has the metal stands that go with the blocks. They also come in a couple of other sizes and shapes.

So Far Behind!

Thanks to Custom Crops for the really easy to follow pattern, I made this dust cover for my Cricut Expression. If you go to you can find it in the projects files. It is a pattern you can download and print. You just tape it together and they even have a series of 6 YouTube videos for more detailed instructions. I did take it a step further by making two identical covers and placing right sides together then sewing 1/2 " from the bottom all around leaving a 2" opening in the back so I could turn it. Instead of sewing a edge at the bottom I am leaving it as is until I get a chance to go shopping for some spectacular trim. Even though I have a ton here I just didn't find anything that spoke to me. I will be posting a bunch of stuff hopefully getting myself back on track. Christmas projects just took over my life and let my blogging go. Being a new year, well you guys know where I am going with that!