Thursday, February 4, 2010

Card Challenge for Scrap-mart





The picture of the desk, old typewriter, hat box etc. was the inspiration given for this card contest. The prize for the best card chosen is a signed Tim Holtz, "on the edge" die just released at CHA. Then if I understood right, all other entries will be randomly drawn for a Nestabilities die (which I already own) but honestly I entered this more for the nudge to create something a bit different from my usual work. These typically are not colors I would be drawn to but I was really happy with the results. I have been downloading fonts lately and this is one I really like. It is called "outlaw". I used my copic markers to color the letters. I used a piece of patterned paper from Making Memories, "Passport". The flower was a single layer from a flower I took apart and then folded twice. I tied the bottom with a piece of black tulle (another one of my latest favorite items to use.) I found a nice little embellishment technique from the great folks at "Papertrey Inks". Use a strip of "scor-tape" or a double sided really sticky tape and adhere to your card stock. Remove the top layer of paper to expose the top side of the double sided tape. Sprinkle with your favorite glitter. I then used my finger to press the glitter into the tape. Shake off any excess glitter. This makes a really nice soft touch. I also placed a few dots of glue on the tips of the flower and sprinkled with glitter. (never can get enough glitter!) I used Tim Holtz distress ink in black soot to age the look of the card. I applied a touch of his distress stickles, although the picture doesn't pick up the bit of glimmer it added. So I hope you enjoy and if you are a card maker this inspires you also!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment